Grilled Banana Split
FIRE IT UP! DESSERT
A grown-up sundae is a little slice of joy. Spike it with bananas and double the feel-good vibes: The yellow fruit is full of the amino acid your body uses to help pump out the happiness hormone serotonin. Grilling caramelizes the sugars, adding a toasty layer to creamy fro-yo and sweet coconut. With all that and potassium, s’mores can suck it.
GRILLED BANANA SPLIT
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, peel on, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 Tbsp toasted coconut chips Pinch of flaked salt, such as Maldon
- 2 Maraschino or fresh cherries (optional)
- / Heat grill to medium-high and brush and oil the grates. In a small bowl, combine syrup and cinnamon. Brush onto cut sides of banana and grill, cut-side down, until grill marks form, about 3 minutes. Flip and grill until soft, 3 minutes more.
- / Transfer each banana half onto a plate. Top each with half the frozen yogurt, drizzle with any remaining syrup, and sprinkle with coconut chips and salt. Top with a cherry, if desired.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Per serving: 158 cal, 3 g fat (0 g sat), 32 g carbs, 24 g sugar, 328 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein
Putting a flame to your fruit will send its sweetness soaring. Here, easy serving ideas post-sear.
Peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, pluots: Serve with cold heavy cream or honey.
Slabs of Melon
Watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe: Drizzle a slab with chocolate or caramel, and add nuts and whipped cream for a dessert “pizza.” (It works for pineapple too.)
Thread strawberries or cherries on skewers and toast, then dip in yogurt or drizzle with chocolate.
Figs, Halved or Whole
Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche or mascarpone.
Grapefruit, oranges: Brush with brown sugar and sprinkle with nuts or coconut.
Looking for a killer secret ingredient for marinades, sauces, and cocktails? Try grilling woody herbs like thyme or rosemary before using. (Skip anything leafy like parsley; it’ll scorch.) The heat will bring out their aroma for a depth of flavor you can’t replicate. Just toss whole sprigs on the grates over medium-high heat and turn until fragrant, about three minutes.A Four-Inch-Long Penis Is More Than Adequate