Martinique: a piece of France on the coast of the Caribbean Sea
Martinique?! Martinique! If you want to impress your tour-leader, friends or family members, show a ticket to this amazing island. Our planet is full of wonderful places but this you should visit necessarily.
Why? Incredible nature, friendly local people, who will conquer any tourist with their openness, generosity, care, and sincerity. No doubt, every trip is new emotions and valuable memories that will live forever. Martinique is an island of happiness, kindness, and relaxation! If you think that you are an experienced traveler, so what do you say about your last trip to Martinique? If you do not know what to say, then open the Internet and start looking for hotels! The next destination is paradise in the Caribbean Sea!
- The island was opened in 1502 by the 4th expedition of Christopher Columbus. The Spaniards did not find gold on the island and therefore did not begin to master it. In 1635 the colonization of Martinique began by the French. Nowadays the national language is French, Creole is also very popular. Martinique is governed by the President of France, his interests on the island are represented by a special committee.
- The best way to explore Martinique is to rent a car. The island is not very large, so it’s easy to create a convenient route for an unforgettable trip. You can find these special services and agencies at the airport. But be careful when you make a deal. As in any tourist country, you must be very careful. Many companies offer accruals for each kilometer above the norm. Therefore, as a result, you will pay more. It is better to discuss all the details and nuances before renting. Thus, you will save money and nerves.
Also, you can use public transport – this is the cheapest way to travel. Taxi of course, more comfortable but much more expensive.
- Martinique is the birthplace of the legendary Josephine, who was the wife of the famous Napoleon Bonaparte. The locals are so proud of this fact, so they will tell you many stories and legends about this beautiful lady. For example, a local fortune teller once predicted a bright future for her, promising that one day Josephine would become “more than a queen.” Also here you can find a museum named after her.
- People here love bright holidays, carnivals and street dances. However, on May the 8th, everything changes. Locals go to the streets with lighted candles, which look very unusual and even scary. On this day, the island recalls the victims of the terrible eruption of the volcano Mont Pele, which occurred in 1902. On that terrible day, 28,000 people were killed. Only two people remained alive and this is a real miracle. People respect the memory of those tragic events.
- Do you want to know what the flag of Martinique means? An interesting story is connected with snakes on the island. Until the beginning of the twentieth century, there has never been poisonous reptiles until there was a zhararaka – a dangerous and poisonous snake, whose bite is fatal. She came here from Brazil. Local people have long tried to fight with the snake, but it did not bring the result. Zhararaka got accustomed to the island quite fast and began to leave the forests for plantations, streets, and gardens. At night it goes on a hunt, during the day it prefers to rest, hiding in the tropics. Therefore, walking alone in the exotic forests in search of adventure is very dangerous.
A Four-Inch-Long Penis Is More Than Adequate